Wednesday 4 January 2012

Learning About the Water Cycle

For our new science unit we will be studying weather. In preparation for learning about the water cycle, tonight students need to do two experiments at home:

1) Fill a glass with a very cold liquid (add an ice cube if possible). Leave the glass at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.

2) Take a plate and put a little bit of water on it. Leave it out over night.

In each experiment what is happening? Why?

Stay tuned for our results . . .

3 comments:

  1. Wow when I did that my cup had fog on the outside and when I woke up the plate was all dry. It was a really cool experament. -Michelle-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plate my mom dumped in the sink but I did the cup there was fog as well.Jayda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do the experament too. Ms. Birdsall, maybe you can tell me about the experament tomorrow and I can try them in silent reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete