Thursday 24 November 2011

Text Features


   

This week in reading, we have started learning about nonfiction text features.  Text features are things in nonfiction books that help us to find and better understand information.  A few examples of text features are:
  • diagrams
  • headings
  • glossary
  • captions

Today we worked in partners to do a text feature scavenger hunt using nonfiction books from the school library.  What are some text features you know?  How do they help you when you are reading nonfiction books?



13 comments:

  1. I will miss Ivana so much that I could hardly let go of her at the end of lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ms. birdsall i really like our text feautre dictionary. our blog is awsome.ryan.A

    ReplyDelete
  3. that map is awsome. 84 visitors

    ReplyDelete
  4. who are the two people that commented and did not put thir name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope i am the student of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way ms.birdsall you put the pictures on the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really cool doing the text feautre dictionary with you!!!!!!!Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  8. i liked making the text feature dictionaries!!pawan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog and I go on it every day!




    -Aero-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms. Birdsall, it was really fun learning how the text features work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned alot about text features with you!!!! Thank you

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this blog and my internet is finally back Justin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Birdsall!!! Sorry about the first comment!!! It's mine!!!!!!

      Delete